Wednesday, July 30, 2014

When it Rain it Pours (14)

I kind of close the door a bit when I realize that it's Viv. I cannot believe this is happening. How the hell did she figure out where I live? Why did she figure out where I live?

"What a surprise, um, what's up Viv? What are you doing here?" I say clearly in a state of fear and confusion.

"Oh yeah sorry about popping up like this, I know it's pretty late. I would have called but I left my phone charger home and my phone died." She said kind of pouting her face.

Still not opening the door more in fear Ari will pop back up behind me. "Well is everything alright"? I honestly do not care I just need her to leave.

"Yes, yes of course." She's speaking pretty loud and I'm terrified at this point.

"Okay good, so why are you here." I chuckle uncomfortably, maybe it's just me but things were getting a tad bit uncomfortable.

"'Wow, I'm sorry. I'm just rambling. I was cleaning the other day and I found your wallet in my couch. You must have lost it coming out of your clothes and of course you address is on here so I just came to drop it off so here you go." She was laughing again, apparently flirtatiously.

I grab the license while letting out a yawn and a obnoxious cough. "Thank you so much." I say clearing my throat.

"Are you alright? She asked.

"Yeah I just think I may be coming down with something. Took some Nyquil just in case." I say sounded fatigued.

"Well I would offer to come in but I'm a horrible nurse. Hopefully I'll see you at work tomorrow." She says in a little cute voice.

"I hope so. Thanks again. Goodnight." I let out a sigh of relief putting my head on the door. I have to smile because I just avoided a crises. I close my eyes leaning my back and head on the door as I lock it only to hear a voice.

"Why were you undressing in that girls home?" Shelia says coming out of the study room which happens to be right next to the front door.

Again, my heart drops. "Ma..ma..mama Shelia what you doing down here?" I ask nervously.

"Well I was sitting here in the study just reading my bible quietly until you and Aria got the talking right outside the door. I heard pretty much everything."

I guess it's natural to get upset when you know you're wrong because I know I'm wrong but I become enraged. "Shelia why is it that you're always snooping." I'm sure Ari hears me but I'm not even thinking at this point.

"Whoa. Lance what you need to do is calm yourself down. I was in here long before your tired behind came home. Aria knew good and well I was in hear doing my reading. If you were more knowledgeable about your surrounding you would probably not be in this mess and you also would have seen the lamp on in this room. So what you aren't going to do is snap at me because you're dropping the ball." She stood very firm in her statement and looked at me in a way that a mother looks at her child. It was scary and refreshing because I knew she loved me still but was angry.

"I'm sorry. I just need to think some things out." I tell her calm again and embarrased.

"You don't have time to think, you need to tell her because if you don't then I will." Still firm.

"Lance why the hell are you yelling and tell me what?" Ari appears now, obviously in result of my yelling.

"I'll give you two some privacy, I'm sure you will appreciate that Lance. Aria I'll be upstairs getting me a flight for tomorrow hopefully." Her sarcasm was very well timed unlike her departure.

"Okay baby look, I messed up." I say trying to get close to her only to meet a hand in my chest keeping me to a distance.

"How the hell did you mess up?" She asks, arms folded and one leg sticking out staring at me waiting for an answer.

"When I went out with Zach last weekend I got drunk and..." I'm not even able to finish.

"You're drinking again Lance?! Wow! Now I know your dumb ass messed up because I know how you get when you drink. I thought you left that drinking shit behind you. Remember that drinking problem in college  you had and how I stayed with you regardless of the dumb shit you did when you were drunk?" I can see the anger and pain in her eyes.

"Yes baby I remember and I..." again I can't finish my sentence.

"No you can't." She says crying but laughing at the same time. "You had to forget. I would feel better if you would forget. Just forget those women you "accidentally" slept with because you were drunk." Now completing sobbing, I stand ashamed.

"Baby I'm sorry. I did not sleep with her. I did mess up and end up at her place and waking up naked in her bed but I swear to you I did not sleep with her." I say crying myself, I forgot how much pain I have brought to her.

"Well you should have." She just shakes her head and walks away wiping away her tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment