Monday, July 7, 2014

Something's Fishy (9)

"Is that my baby coming through the door?" I come down stairs with just my towel on, you know easy access. 

"Yes it is Mr. Ely." She replies surprised. 

"Come on now, Mr. Ely is my grandfather. I'm Lance." Honestly I was just trying to get the thought of Viv out of my head and she always called me Mr. Ely. 

I walk down the stairs as sexy as I can. Now I'm about seventy two percent sure that I look like an complete idiot. As I go to take my towel off, boom!  Shelia walks in, Ari's mom.  

"Ohhhh heyyy mama." My voice cracks little in embarrassment. I reach Ari and speak try to whisper in her hear. "Why didn't you tell me you mom was here?"

"I thought it would be funny. I am sorry though, I did not know you were going to give me all that cuz I would've left her ass in the car!" She said loudly. 

"You better watch your mouth!" Her mother snapped. Shelia is a lifetime church member. I mean she even waited til marriage to give up the cookie! Too bad poppa was a rolling stone and got up out of there almost right after the honeymoon. "Hey baby, how you treating my little girl?"

"Just like the queen she is." I reply confidently.

"Ok. That better be true but I'll take your word for it, I need to get some sleep." She said yawning and stretching towards the end of her sentence. 

"Yeah go get some rest and I'll have your bags in the house shortly." I'm trying to cover myself as best as I can. 

"See that's how you treat a lady. Aria your son is going to have a wonderful example of a father. Keep him." 

"Oh I intend to." She says smirking as I head back upstairs to put on some clothes. 

A good example? Me? I just woke up butt naked in another woman's bed this same day. I'm starting to think I'm no different than her own father. I just haven't fully acted on anything, yet. 

After I grad the bags from the car I find Ari in the kitchen cooking up some spaghetti. 

"How was the weekend babe? She asks.

"You know Zach was drunk and I had to take care of him." I'm looking down at my feet leaning on the kitchen island trying not make eye contact. 

"Nothing exciting?"

"This girl did try to get Zach to take her home but of course I saved him." I chuckle uncomfortably. 

"Uh huh. What about you. I know somebody tried to get your fine self daddy."

"I wouldn't know babe, I was into the tv at the bar checking out the game." I lean back on another counter and cross my arms. This is more nerve racking than court.

"Enough about my weekend, what did you in Bobbi get into all weekend?"

"Bobbi?" She seemed surprised. 

"Yeah, Bobbi, your big mouth best friend. The one you were with the entire weekend." 

"Oh Bobbi, yeah we really just hung out nothing major. You want onions in the spaghetti?" 

"Uh yeah onions are cool, what did y'all do." I'm doing my best trying to sound interested here. 

"Could you do me a favor and go check on mama for me? You know how she snoops." 

Ok at this point I don't care anymore, I tried. "Yeah, I can do that. 

I walk upstairs to see mama Shelia in the guest room looking through the dresser drawers. 

"Something wrong mama?" I asked holding back a little laughter.

"Oh no just looking around the new place. Why you work so much boy? Don't you know Aria is pregnant and needs you around?"

"Uh" I'm surprised by here question, old folk have no filter I swear. "Well I'm working on a major case at the moment, you know how it is." I kind of shrug the question off. 

"I sure do, just know a woman needs attention. Especially when they're pregnant. 

"Ok I hear you. Why don't get that rest and I will come tell you when dinner is ready." 

"Why don't y'all go out to eat, trust me she needs the attention." 

"That actually isn't a bad idea." I needed to be around her and by the way mama is talking she needs me just as much. 

I run downstairs.

"Babe put this stuff up." I say grabbing her by the waist and nibbling on her ear. 

"Uh no, I just cooked all this food!" She was jokingly upset but upset nonetheless. 

"Come on baby let's get out the house, let's spend some time together." 

"Ugh, ok. Let me go get dressed!" Her tone quickly changed. 

We both get dressed and are both obviously excited. 

"So where are you taking me Ely." She asked anticipating a good answer. 

"Well it's been awhile since you've been home to Baltimore and I know how seafood is big there so just know that seafood is on the menu."

"Ohhhhh I like, let's just not tell the doctor." 

"Don't worry it's our secret and I already told them that we are expecting, they have special meals." 

I know it's last minute but I want it to be as romantic as possible. So as we reach the car door I begin to implement my plan. 

"Wait babe. I gotta do this. Turn around." I say smiling.

"We are outside, in public." She says turning her body around facing the other way. 

"Nothing like that my queen. I just need to blindfold you so that you don't know where we are going." 

"Where is all of this coming from, I love it!" 

I guide her in the car, put her seatbelt on and close her door. I put some nice smooth jazz on. Neither of us really listen to jazz much but it seemed fitting so hey. After about 45 minutes of driving we stop. 

"Are we here?!" She asked unable to keep those beautiful teeth hidden. 

"Yep". I take off her blindfold and wait for an reaction. 

Nothing. 

"Babe you know where we are?" I'm very surprised because this is one of the top restaurants in the city, GT Fish & Oyster. 

"I actually do and we can't eat here, no." 

I'm confused.



No comments:

Post a Comment