Tuesday, July 22, 2014

We Need to Talk (12)

On my way home I stop to get some ice cream, flowers and one of her favorite movies at a Redbox. I can't believe I almost dropped the ball like that man. I could have slept with that girl and ruined everything. I told her I would step up so that's what she is going to see, me stepping up. As long as she doesn't learn the truth behind my actions I'll be happy. 

I drive up to the house, open the garage door and pulled up to the house. As I grabbed all the things that I had went to get for Ari I became nervous, hoping that all of the stuff wouldn't give me away. I take a deep breathe and went in. 

"Babe where are you?" I scream out as I came through the garage. 

"Here I come." She sounded very tired even though it was pretty early in the day, not even one o'clock yet. 

"Do I have someth..." I can't even get my entire sentence out before she just begins to cry. Not cry she bawled. 

"I'm sorry Lance I'm sorry." She began saying. 

I immediately comfort her thinking that her pregnancy hormones are getting the best of her. "It's ok baby, what's wrong." I place everything on the island and go to hold her and rub her back. 

"Lance you're going to hate me!" I barely make out what she is saying. 

"No baby, I would never hate you. I love you with all my heart." I grab her face so I can look her in the eye so she that she can see my sincerity. 

"I...I...I kissed another man Lance." She said dropping her head. 

There's no way I just heard what I think I heard. I raise up a bit and back up. "Ari what did you say?" I say it kind of softly because I'm confused. 

"I kissed another man Lance, I'm sorry." She tries to pull me closer but I'm easing up trying to back up. 

"Wait, wait Ari. How the hell did you end up doing that?!" My heart is literally in my stomach. The worst thing a man can hear is his woman did something with another man. 

"That's all that happened." She pleads. 

I try to stay calm. "That's not what I asked you Ari. I said, how did that happen?" 

"I went out with a guy but it was only a one time thing." Still pleading. 

"Why? When?" I'm almost in tears myself but I can't let myself seem that hurt. 

"I was lonely Lance. You haven't been here, I just wanted some attention. It was this past weekend when you were with Zach" She walks towards me again but I back up again. 

"Wait what guy?" I calmly asked with all my rage contained in balled fist in my pocket. 

"A guy from college. I ran into him a while back at a store. He offered to take me out and at first I declined but then he called me on Saturday and I accepted." She said no longer crying. 

"From college? Please tell me I don't know this guy Ari, please." I say running my hands down my face. 

"Harold." She says giving me a look that shows she knows that I know him. 

"Wow Ari. Harold! Police officer Arnold? The one who is assigned to the courthouse? The courthouse I have to go to? Do you know I have to see this man everyday?" I'm patting my chest hard as I ask the questions. 

"Lance I didn't know all of that I swear." She grabs my hands but I pull them back.

"Well maybe you should have thought about it before you made such a dumb ass decision. Is that it? Anything else you want to tell me?" I ask angrily. 

"Uh...um...no." She says looking away. Ari is a horrible liar. 

"Seriously, you're clearly lying. Just tell me." I'm calming down again. 

"The waitress came and congratulated me on the pregnancy and assumed Harold was the father. He said thank you and I just went along with it at that moment and the rest of the night." Her voice very soft to the point I could barely here her. 

I lied the worst thing a man can hear is his woman acting like their child was someone else's. I chuckle, not a funny chuckle but an angry disbelief chuckle. "So you're telling me you and Harold, the guy I run into a lot by the way, played like my son was his? Wow. Ok Ari, thank you for telling me. I think I need to go for a drive. I got you some things too,they're there on the counter." I say before turning and going back out the door to my car. 

I have so many mixed emotions I wasn't sure wether to be relieved or outrageously upset. This could save me really, I can just forgive her and sweep what I've done under the rug. Unfortunately I'll still be so upset with her. My heart is nearly broken. It doesn't sound like much, what she did, but it is. 

Now I need to decide wether I have to come clean or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment