Monday, July 28, 2014

Decisions, Decisions (13)

I go see a movie to clear my head. Then I drive around a bit and listen to Gospel, I calm down. I think of what I should do, I even pray and I ain't pray in the longest. Unfortunately after I pray I realize that I'm supposed to tell her what happened. Sorry Lord but I'm not doing that. I decide that we are even, I'll forgive her and act like it never happened. That way I never have to come clean. 

I begin to drive back home and all of a sudden I hear sirens. 

"Great, just what I need." I pull over and set my hands on the steering wheel and wait for the officer. I hear the tap on my window and proceed to roll down my window. 

"Good evening sir." The officers comes off as polite which is refreshing these days. I try to catch a glimpse of his face but the flashlight was right in my eyes. 

"Good evening Mr. Officer, did I do something wrong?" I reply hoping that being polite myself would get me out of here quicker. 

"No sir, you just have a tail light out. I'll just need your license and registration. 

"No problem." I open my glove box to grab my registration then reach for my wallet, slowly of course, to grab my license. I open up my wallet only to see that my license isn't there. 

"Is there a problem sir?" The officer asks.

"It's looking like I may have lost my wallet." I reply knowing a ticket is coming.

"Well what's your name so we can get this sorted out?" He quickly replies. 

"Lance Ely." I tell him.

"Lance! Hey man it's me, Harold!" 

It's amazing he can stand here so excited to see me after he knows I'm married to the woman he just took on a date. Maybe because he knows I can't hop out of the car and punch him dead in the face. 

"I'm sorry man I don't know a Harold." I say looking straight ahead. Of course I know him, I've spoken to him plenty of times at the court house. 

"Oh ok." He says it clearly knowing I know who he his. "Well look why don't you just get that tail light fixed and head on home." He adds.

"Thank you Mr. Officer." I say grinding my teeth together. 

"Tell Aria I said hello will you." He says with a smirk.

By this point I want to take his gun and shoot him with it. However I don't say anything and wait for him to leave. 

Just when I get calm more shit happens. If anything else goes wrong tonight I may just lose it. I gather myself again and just head home. 

When I get home Aria is downstairs sitting in the living room apparently waiting for me.

"Are you ok babe, I'm so sorry." She says putting her body on mine wanting me to hold her and I do.

"Yeah I'm good, just had to clear my head." I say somberly. 

"Where'd you go?" She asks.

"Just the movies, drove around a bit which turned out to be a bad idea." I tell her. 

"Why is that?" She says looking up to me with her hands around my waist, I feel mostly belly poking me during our hugs now. 

"I got pulled over by, our friend, Harold."  I know I'm wrong but I want her to feel bad because I was hurt earlier. 

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry baby I am. He didn't give you a ticket did he?" I see she is really hurt, I think that's enough. 

"No, he just did his best being an asshole. It's alright though because we are moving past it. No questions asked." She looks confused. 

"You mean we aren't going to talk about it again?" Her face is priceless. 

"Nope. I take part of the blame in this. I should have been here more, for you. I won't drop the ball again baby." I'm just feeling like a damn superhero at this point. 

"Thank you baby, I owe you so much. I'm going to make it up to you tonight and every night after this!" She said kissing all over me. 

"Well don't talk about it! Let's go upstairs." As soon as I finish my sentence the doorbell rings. 

"Yes daddy, you get that door and I'll go upstairs and prepare." She gives me that sexy look she has as she walks up the stairs. 

I played this perfectly but who the hell can be at my door at this time of night. I'm thinking it's Harold coming to start problems but he come up in here then I can care less if he's an officer or not. I open the door and my heart drops, again. 

"Oh shit, hey Viv."






No comments:

Post a Comment