Sunday, August 17, 2014

Shakedown (20)

Even though I know Ari and I have a lot to work out I'm glad she came back last night. Plus it's been a month since I got any so the sex we had last night was magnificent. It's something about when you miss someone and you're both angry with each other that creates fireworks in the bedroom. Unfortunately, that was last night. Today it's back to work. 

I've stopped hanging with Zach as much around the office, not only was I becoming the terrible husband he is but I was also getting his horrible work ethic around the office. I've also stopped lunch with Viv, I still consider us friends but clearly I need to keep my distance. I'm definitely making changes to help keep this marriage afloat. However, there is one thing I still haven't done. It's still a secret at work that I'm a married man, soley for safety reasons. Just this week Quick threatened me. If he knew I had a family at home there's no telling what he would do. 

That being said I go through my normal routine. Shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, put my ring in the shoebox and get up to kiss Ari before I leave. 

On my way to work Quick's words at the courthouse still lingered in my ear. I still have no clue who he was referring to when I spoke to me so I wasn't too worried. 

I get to our floor and everyone seems to be low-spirited. Even Zach and he was always seemingly in a good mood. 

"Yo man what's up with everybody?" I ask him.

"You didn't hear dude?" He says as if  I'm the only person in the office who hasn't heard the news.

"Nah man what happened?" I say puzzled.

"Viv, she was attacked last night dude, she's in the hospital." 

"Attacked!? What? Why? By who?" So many questions 

"Man nobody knows the entire story, they're trying to figure things out today." He says hanging his head down.

"Wow, that's crazy and so random. I mean you hear about attacks on women but you never think it would be some you know." I say to him still in shock.

"Yeah dude, only this may have not been random we don't know yet." He said walking away. 

That's when it hit me. I hurry to my office and sit down. This had to be just a coincidence but it could also be what Quick was talking about. I make the call and nervously wait for him to answer.

"Mr. Ely." He answered calmy as if nothing were going on. 

"You're a coward." I say.

"Whoa why the hostility?" He said as he laughed.

"Nigga you know what the fuck I'm talking about." I reply in almost a whisper to be certain the rest of the office doesn't hear me. 

"You know Mr. Ely you should really watch your language or they'll know there's a nigga in their firm." He's no longer laughing at this point.

"You attack a woman!? Shit I shouldn't be surprised, you shot a kid." I say enraged. 

"Look for the last time, that was an accident. Haunts me every night. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. His father should have been smarter."

"What?" I'm instantly confused again. 

"You thought I was just riding around looking for niggas to shoot? There's a method to my madness."

"Please, explain." I say trying to learn something new about this entire situation. 

"I was shooting at the kids father. See he robbed one of my boys for thirty pounds of weed! Thirty fucking pounds. That's sixty thousand dollars. I'm not a savage, I do good for the community you know that. I went to him and asked for the weed back with no problems. You know what this nigga said to me?" He asks.

"What?" I say reluctantly. 

"This nigga says fuck you. I'm like, oh shit ok. The next day we ride out to the niggas crib to find him. I called one more time to ask again and guess what this nigga does!?" He says clearly animated.

"Fuck you." I say coldly.

"Nigga that didn't sound like a question like I should've been but I'll let it slide because this may be a lot to take in. But yes this nigga says fuck you, again! So shit I get out the car and there he is walking from the side of the house. I start firing. I can't hit this nigga because he was hiding behind the car. That's when a kid came riding on a little bike down the street and he yelled out son stop! I turned towards the kid and fired three times. Never looked to see if I hit him, I really wasn't trying to hit him. I just wanted to scare him so I could get my shit back." He said. 

"But you didn't so what are you going to do now, shoot as his wife?" I say sarcastically. 

"Since I didn't mean to hit the lil nigga I figured he can keep the shit. I mean what's sixty thousand anyway? Maybe I taught his dumb ass a lesson." He says effortlessly. 

I'm in such a shock that I can't speak.

"But anyway I didn't attack that woman. Like I said, I'm not a savage. That was a fucking dyke that I sent to scare her little ass. If she could fight she would've been cool but instead she got her ass beat. But hey, if you do your job right shit like this wouldn't even happen." He said before he abruptly hung up the phone.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment