Sunday, August 3, 2014

Just a Blur (16)

If Ari doesn't want to come back I'll make her come back. We need to be together right now. I don't really have much work in the office that needs to be done so I leave around noon. I meet up with Quick for a bit to talk over some stuff. Honesty it was just some bs because if I listen to him his dumb ass will end up and jail. After seeing Quick I go to a bar for some food and a few more drinks. Of course I take a couple of more sips from my personal flask beforehand. 

I enter the bar and quickly find a seat. Before I do anything I text Ari:

"Baby please come home. We can work this out." 

Of course I do not get a reply. The bartender, pretty young woman, comes to see how I'm doing. 

"You ready to order sir?" She says politely. 

I look around. "Sir? You talking to me?" I asked giving my best act of a state of confusion. 

"Yes sir." She giggles back at me. 

"Baby I can't be more than seven years older than you." I say hoping she can't already smell the liquor on my breathe. 

"Well I'm twenty two." She continues to smile as she leans down on the bar making her breasts the vocal point of my eye.

"Seven years right on the dot." I say smiling back.

"So are you going to order or flirt with me all day because I have money to make, sir." She says.

"Brat with fries and give me two shots of Honey Jack...oh and a water." I say pulling out my phone as if suddenly uninterested. Sometimes I have to see if I still have that pull. 

"Ok, our bratwurst is the best and here." She pours three shots. "Have one on me." She winks. 

I take all three shots within five minutes. I have to sit up as that third one hits me. I'm pretty good with shots, my limit is about ten and I'm only at six so even though I feel it I'm still doing pretty good. 

As I wait for myfood to come I get back on my phone, this time calling Ari. Again she doesn't answer so I leave a voicemail: 

"Baby call me back. I need you to come pick me up. Had a few drinks love you."

I'm working on my water now as my food comes. 

"Here you are sir." She doesn't say anything else as she hands me my plate with a little note under it. "I get off at seven." It reads.

I may be a natural flirt but I can't help it. I'm a attractive guy. The hardest part about being attractive and married for me is having to tell all the women no. I mean damn, you should see some of them. Some are bound to get through the cracks, right? That's just the drinks talking. 

I'm not even able to finish all of my food but it's alright because I'm here to drink. 

"Aye baby, I need three more before I leave." I wave over to the young bartender.

"Coming to you in a second." She says excitedly. 

My phone rings.

"Yooooo." I say answering the phone. 

"Where are you Lance?" It's Ari.

"I told you babe, the bar!" I'm pretty drunk at this point.

"Meet me at the house." She says seriously. 

"Nooooo, no can do. I'm fucked up baby." I burst into laughter. "But look, it's this nice waitress here. I think she would take me home. I'll ask her!" 

"Lance I'll be there in thirty minutes and i whoop both y'all ass if you keep playing with me." She hangs up. 

I take my two of my three shots and lie my head down. 

I hate being drunk. Headache, stomachache, blurred vision, stumbling, I hate it. It takes away from everything else though. You're just happy when you're drunk. But thats not the only reason I'm here. This was the only I could get Ari back at the house today. She would never let me be out here alone drunk like this. 
 
I bring my head up and hold my last shot up. "Aye bartender, to love!" I holler out in laughter before putting my head back down. About five minutes later I feel a tap on my shoulder. 

"Come on Lance." I hear. 

I look back. "That you Ari? Viv?"

"Yeah bring your ass on Lance." Ari storms out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment