Monday, March 2, 2015

Loose Ends (26)

"She just fucked up. Bad." Quick was very upset.

"Wait, I can fix this." I'm still in shock with the entire thing. 

"I'm not leaving this one to chance. I killed the kid, you think I won't do the same to his mother?" He said before leaving the courthouse steps. 

Quick was right. This is bad. Mother taking the stand to take down her sons killer. He would stand a chance. His only positive would be not getting the death penalty since it's was abolished. 

As I'm riding home, I try to think up a solution to this new problem. After much deliberation I literally only come up with one way and it's a reach. I have no idea what this will do. In fact I can actually make things worse for everyone, even myself.

I put those thoughts to rest as I pulled up to my home. I'm still trying to fix all the wrong I have caused with Aria. I have been doing a good job so far if I must say so myself. I gather all of my things and head into the house.

"Babe! You home?" I walk around the house and she is nowhere to be found. Then I hear some movement upstairs so I walk up to the bedroom.

"Babe, what are you doing?" I say as I walk up the stairs. I open up the door and there is definitely someone in my bedroom that shouldn't be there.

"Hey Lance." Bobbi is there sitting on my bed. Never thought I would have to say that again.

"Bobbi what the hell are you doing in here...where's Aria?" The confused state is becoming all too familiar today.

"Oh she ran to the store."

"So why are you not with her? Isn't that the purpose of you being here?" Still very much confused.

"Yeah but I was in the bathroom and she swore she couldn't wait five minutes. You know how pregnant women get. We both know this isn't your first rodeo cowboy." She's clearly amused by this or maybe she is uncomfortable really. Either way some skeletons should stay in the closet.

I am literally standing there in silence, in shock. I can hear that Bobbi is speaking to me but I just cannot process the words. She eventually leaves the room. Why she would ever want to take me back to that day in college when she gave me the news.

"I'm pregnant."

"Damn, hello to you too Bobbi. Uhm. Congrats?" I say not really caring what she had just told me.

"Yeah nigga congrats." She snaps back.

"Wait...huh?" My heart dropped to my stomach.

"Yeah it's yours."

"Shit." My soul is broken.

"We're going to have to tell Aria at some point."

That was really one of the worst days of my life. Till this day I am afraid that one day Aria will find out what happened and almost happened between Bobbi and I. The way Bobbi has been speaking lately it's almost as if she wants her to find out. I can't think too much on it though because if I can't fix what happened at the courtroom earlier today.

"Hey babe, you okay." Aria comes and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Huh...yeah, yeah, I'm just uh, standing. Looking...at the room. How you doing today baby?"

"I am good now that I have my snacks but I'm tired and my back hurts, my feet hurts. So it'll be great if you can rub those down for me maybe?" She asks me in the cutest way possible.

"Of course babe, let me eat and I will cater to you for the remainder of the evening." I tell her.

Last night was a good way to take my mind off that case but now it's back to reality. I set up a meeting in an attempt to keep the mother from talking.

"I appreciate you all meeting me here today." I start off.

"What exactly do you want from me Mr. Ely? If it's to shut me up then you'd better find another angle. If I can recall correctly I asked you for help and you could not help me, remember?" She is heated. This is not how I expected this meeting to begin.

"Yes mam that is correct but I'm really hoping to speak to your husband, alone." I say respectfully and I can see Mr. Harris is shocked. He hasn't said much the entire case.

"Uhm whatever you can say to him you can say to me." She snaps once again.

"Okay but before I proceed, let me say to you Mr. Harris, what I have to say will bring everything in the dark to the light." I say knowing he understands me.

Mr. Harris face now shows fright.


No comments:

Post a Comment