Sunday, September 7, 2014

Crazed (23)

I still can't move as thought after thought runs through my mind. I honestly believed every word she said when she told me we hadn't done anything. Why would she lie, we could've had this conversation a long time ago. I just got out of the doghouse and this is something I could lose my marriage over. If I go back and tell Ari now she's going to think I was lying when I initially told her I didn't sleep with the woman. Any way I look at it I come out the loser. 

Then again, she did lose the baby and she said she's leaving. Ari never has to know. Shit, I wouldn't have known if I didn't visit this crazy woman in this hospital. Some things you have to take to the grave and this is one of those instances. 

I finally gather enough energy to raise up from my seat even though I must look just like a zombie the way I'm moving. 

"Well Viv I have to go now, best of luck on everything. You are a smart woman so I am sure everything will work out just fine. But I have to cut ties with you, right here, right now. This has gone way too far already. "I say with clamy hands and no emotion at all. 

She sits up and laughs. "You have to be kidding me. You got me pregnant and I lose your baby and all you have to say is good luck? Wow! Pathetic, you are pathetic!." She begins to scream. 

I walk out not responding. I probably deserve everything she's dishing out but I have to drop this. 

As I walk out I see a nurse walking my way, apparently annoyed. She must've heard the raucous. I want to stop her to ask but I can't. We pass one another. I turn back. 

"Excuse me, mam?" I say afraid that what I was just told is about to be verified. 

"Yes sir, do you need something?" It's clear to me that she's annoyed now.

"I'm sorry mam I don't want to bother you, never mind. I say beginning to walk away again. 

"No, I'm sorry it's fine. It's just been a rough night." She smiles and is welcoming now. 

"Look I just left this room right over here and had a talk with the young lady and I need to know something." I say quietly. 

"Oh, you must be him." She says with smirk and chuckle. 

"Him? Who's him? Me?" I'm confused. 

"Yeah, the daddy." She begins to laugh some more.

"Um did I miss something? What's funny?" I say kind of upset she would just laugh in my face like that.

"Oh you don't know?" She turns away from me and talks to a couple of nurses sitting around. "Ladies this is the daddy." She said making quotes with her fingers and laughing hyseterically.

"Mam please tell me what's funny." I'm fed up at this point. 

"Sir, between you and me, that bitch is crazy. She swears she had a miscarriage because of some stomach pains. That's only because the woman who beat her up kicked her in the damn stomach. We just have to keep her crazy ass until one of her looney family members picks her up. But they're flying out to get hers so unfortunately she'll be here for a couple of days." She says once again laughing and walking off for good.

Wow is all I can think. I feel a little lighter with every step I take as I make my way back on to the elevator. By the time I'm walking to my car I have a little pep to my step happy as shit she was lying and even happier that she is leaving. Now I can go home and continue on with life with nothing more to hide. 


No comments:

Post a Comment