Wednesday, June 25, 2014

For The Love of Aria (1)

A new home, my home, our home. That was all I could think to myself as my wife and I stood there looking at our new home. We were finally about to purchase one, this one! I'm kind of feeling myself now. Twenty nine years old, lawyer and a damn good one at that, beautiful wife on my arm and a son on the way.

"I want it, baby I really want it", my wife, Aria, announced to me.

"You know I got you boo", I calmly replied.

"Seriously?! We're finally moving out the city?"

"You know I wasn't raising my son in the city, especailly right now."

"Yes I know, I know. I just did't think we'd move so soon!"

See we live in Chicago and, if you haven't heard, we're having bit of a problem with violence. That's why I'm still here. Ultimately I want to become a judge. Actually, the more work I do as a defense attorney the more I want that. I kind of feel like I owe it to people to put criminals behind bars; I mean, I'm keeping so many criminals out of jail it's the least I can do.

Aria is in love with our new home and she should be, but, I'm just not feeling too happy right now - all I can do is think of my latest case. 

"Baby I can't wait 'til we leave here tomorrow" Aria came and sat right on my lap in our aparment living room and I barely noticed.

"Uh, hello! Am I talking to myself?"

"What?" I reply snapping out of no mans land. 

"I said I can't wait to leave here tomorrow  but now since you can't acknowledge my presence with this thing on your lap, I don't want to talk about it anymore!" as she smirked and rolled her eyes. "What's wrong?"

That quick she took my mind off of the case. I try not to talk about cases with her but she can pretty much get whatever she wants out of me, hence the house. I mean, you have to see her to understand. Beautiful brown eyes, smooth brown skin, short dark hair right to the shoulder, full gorgeous lips, 5'2, nice butt, you know, not too big not too small and a perfect C-cup. Lord she's fine! 
"Woman now you know when you sit on my lap it sends me into limbo" 

"Lance I know you don't want to talk about the case and tonight I do not care. I want you to get up and follow me to the bedroom" she said seductively. 

"Well what's in the bedroom." I just like to try to get her to say it, she's so shy. 

"Let's just call it my part of the down payment" she licked her lips and turned away and went off into the bedroom.

"SAY LESS!" I say jumping up running to the bedroom, I even bang my toe on the coffee table and don't feel a thing. 


"Ely wake up, you're going to be late!" Aria never calls me by my first name; only a cute pet name or Ely, my last name. 

"Ok woman, I'm coming." I replied aggravated. I hate mornings.

"Just hurry up and shower so we can get this truck to the house. Bobbi is coming over to help and she is bringing her brother for a little security"

"Baby no, why'd you do that to us? We were about to start a new life, a new beginning and you go and potentially throw it all away?"

"WHAT!?" she looked puzzled.

"You told Bobbi where we are going. This was my last opportunity it shake her, we'll never lose her annoying ass now". Man I hate Bobbi and of course she is Aria's best friend. Bobbi can't hold water. She's faster than CNN, NBC, FOX, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! She's always snooping too and it's so obvious but I just play the fool. She keeps Aria nice and busy while I'm gone so it sort of works out.

"Shut up, you know you love her".

"Who the hell ever said that?"

"It doesn't ever matter just get ready so we can go."


"Well it's about time you join us, we've been here waiting for y'all for about thirty minutes now" Bobbi just knows how to work nerves. "What were y'all....oh I know, late night ayyyyy, girl you probably kept him up all night doing that thing I told you huh?"

"Bobbi, oh my god, shut up!" Aria says giggling shyly.

"Yes Bobbi, please, for all our sakes, shut up" clearly agitated.

"Oh Lance shut up, those moves I tell her to do keep you coming back I see" she exclaimed.

"See now I know you didn't teach her anything cuz I'm still here and lord knows if you taught her something I would have been gone. We all know you can't keep a man. In the eight years that I have known you, I cannot recall a time where one guy stayed over two weeks"

"You ain't right for that one babe." Aria said filled with laughter.

"Yeah man you can't do my sister like that." Bobbi's younger brother Luke gets out the car to come to the aid of his sister. "But damn Bobbi he's right"

We all laugh. I don't know much about Luke other than he's pretty young, 17, and him and Bobbi have different fathers and Luke stayed primarily in North Carolina with his pops until he got into some trouble and came to stay up here with Bobbi. Now. I'm not sure what's worse, him coming to the Chi to stay out of trouble or his pop letting him stay with Bobbi. Bobbi says he used to be a knuckle head but has calmed down a lot. Usually, I wouldn't leave a guy like that around Ari but he's sort of like family, unfortunately, since Bobbi is. Plus, there are some moving guys coming to move this stuff in for us, so it's cool.

"I would love to stay here with y'all but since Bobbi came imma go ahead and head to work." I say as I turn to kiss my wonderful wife and head to my car. Give her a lil slap on the butt for good measure, lick my lips, and walk away.

"Mmmm" she says softly as she looks back and raises her eyebrows. She ain't gotta say much I know what it means.

I work at a firm called Schultz and McCormick, pretty big out here. We handle a lot of the biggest cases here in the city. Personally, a lot of my clients are shakey guys and should probably be locked up. I say this because I don't want this to be taken the wrong way. My wedding ring stays at home. Not once have I wore my ring into the office. Actually, there is only one person there who knows that I'm married.

"How's the wife" my friend Zach whispers to me in the elevator so no one else can hear.

I just ignore him.

"Oh wait, you don't have on a wedding ring, you can't be married" he whispers with a baffled looked on his face as he looks away. If you hadn't noticed, Zach is an asshole. You gotta love him though. I met him in my first class back in college and we've been cool ever since. I knew him before I knew Aria, that's the sole reason why he knows that I'm married but he doesn't say anything.

As we get off the elevator, a familiar coworker approaches us, Vivian.

"Morning fellas". Vivian says with a huge smile.

"Morning Viv" I reply politely.

"Morning Viv!" Zach repeats sarcastically. "So you know, Viv, I'm free tonight. What do you say you and I, I don't know, grab a bite to eat?"

"As intriguing as that sounds I must decline. I do not date married men Zach" she replied proudly.

"Well hey have it your way, go to lunch with this guy instead" he says with a smirk. He turns to walk away and under his breath says "She loves dating married men and she don't even know it, didn't Ricky Ross say something like that?"

I have to laugh. "Well I guess we're on for lunch again, as usual". This really is not what it seems. I love good conversation and Viv is very smart. Outside of law, Zach is an idiot. Plus, during his lunch break, he normally grabs a hotel room with a mistress.

"Well another lucky day for me then, Mr. Ely" she said flirtatiously.

1 comment: